What you can expect
What do I need to know about this course?
- When you've finished reading the text and watching the videos in each lesson (or when you complete an assignment) click the "Complete and Continue" button at the top for the platform to log your progress.
- Want to get through the material faster? Click the settings icon at the bottom of the video and speed it up.
- Modules 1-2 give you the basics and work best if you do them in order, but feel free to skip around in Module 3.
The lessons in each module consist of:
- Written content with key concepts
- A video demonstrating the ideas
- Links to any resources you might need to get the most out of the content
- An assignment to help the ideas “stick”
Note: there is different information in the written content and video content.
The content is divided into three sections, each with lessons that you can work through at your own pace. Here’s a short summary:
Module 01: Getting Started
Start now! Once you’ve finished the lesson on supplies, pick a journal and give it a test drive. (Your new journal might just become your new best friend.)
Module 02: Making Information Visual
Learn the techniques for visual journaling. The process is easy and fun, and once you have the basics down, you can use your new skills to accomplish anything you want in your journal.
Module 03: How To Use Your Journal
You will enjoy your journal more if you “give it a job.” We’ll go through a variety of tasks your journal can accomplish for you; pick the ones that are useful to your particular way of life and ignore the rest!